Thursday, March 22, 2012

Stranger #5

Personal philosophy - Pride and Prejudice.

  1. Do your best. Being a Boy Scout, that motto has been repeated over the years and ingrained into my brain. I strive to give my full effort to everything I do. When I don't give something my best, I feel uneasy. I think many problems could be solved if people stopped giving up when times are hard and giving a solid effort.
  2. Utilize opportunities. Living in America, we have it much better than some other countries. One opportunity that many people take for granted is school. In a way, not trying in school is like denying a gift. Sure, it takes effort but people who do well in school usually have an easier time paying bills. Opportunities when taken seriously can lead to success and fun
  3. Curiosity rarely kills cats. I feel that being curious is good. Although when asking questions, you may not get the answer you are looking for. Having intrigue is healthy, and most people appreciate that. This is important because programs and groups that may be beneficial have a hard time getting anywhere if no one is interested. 
  4. It's not what you say but how you say it. Tone of voice and attitude do in fact matter. As a sarcastic person, I have been misunderstood many times through text messages and other forms of communication where words are only seen. Match how you feel with how you show what you feel. If this is done, there is less confusion.
  5. People should not be blamed for things they cannot control. This may sound obvious, but many times people do get blamed for things out of their control, and when this does happen conflicts arrise. These conflicts often grow into discrimination and violence. These occurrences need to be reduced.
  6. You don't have to like everyone. This being said, there is little if any benefit to being rude mean or harsh to a person that you don't care for. Ignoring or avoiding a person that you don't want to be around is better than confrontation. Preventing a problem is better than fixing one.
  7. Evaluate and evolve. It is human nature to make mistakes. However, when a person makes the same mistake multiple times, that is when they run in to trouble. I am somewhat of a perfectionist, and making mistakes in turn causes me to make an effort to not make more. Adjustments are necessary for growth and improvement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment